The goal of our religious education at Holy Name is to:
1. Teach students what a Catholic is to believe so they can come to know, serve and love the Lord in this life so they can be happy with him in eternal life.
2. To involve students in the life of the parish, ie worship, service and community.
3. To assist parents imparting the CATHOLIC FAITH to their children, so that it will be a living life of giving Faith.
4. To encourage parents to continue their own religious develpment by attending adult religious education classes. Watch the bulletin or check the web site for date and times these classes
are offered at Holy Name.
Religious Education classes are on Wednesday nights from 6:30pm to 7:45pm, for Kindergarten through 6th grade, in the Parish Hall
Religion Education classes are on Sunday mornings from 9:00am - 10:15am for 7th and 8th grades, in the Parish Hall
If a child goes to public school and parents want to instruct them in the Catechism at home, please contact Religious Coordinator to you information on Online classes which will be monitored
through the Religious Education office.
ARCHDIOCESE OF CINCINNATI
PERMISSION, RELEASE AND MEDICAL POWER OF ATTORNEY (rev. 6-2006)
1. I, the lawful parent or guardian of (the "child"), give permission for my child to participate in the activity described on the Activity Information form and release from all liability and indemnify the Archbishop of Cincinnati ("the Archbishop"), both individually and as trustee for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and all parishes and schools within the Archdiocese (the "Archdiocese"), and their officers, agents, representatives, volunteers, and employees from any and all liability, claims, judgments, cost and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of any injury or illness incurred by my child while participating in or traveling to or from the activity and further agree not to bring or prosecute or allow to be brought or prosecuted (including but not limited to prosecution through subrogation) in my name, or on behalf of my Child, any claims, lawsuits or actions against the Archbishop, the Archdiocese, and their officers, agents, representatives, volunteers and employees.
2. I further understand that my Child's participation is purely voluntary and is a privilege and not a right, and that my Child, and I on behalf of my Child, elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I agree to instruct my child to cooperate with the Archbishop or his agents in charge of the activity.
4. I appoint the Archbishop or his agents who are acting as leaders of the activity as my attorney in fact to act for me in my name and my behalf, in any way that I would act if I were personally present, with respect to the following matters if any injury, illness or medical emergency occurs during the activity or related travel:
(i) To give any and all consents and authorizations to any physicians, dentist, hospital or other persons or institutions pertaining to any emergency medications, medical or dental treatments, diagnostic or surgical procedures or any other emergency actions as our attorney shall deem necessary or appropriate for the best interest of the Child.
(ii) I understand that the agents of the Archbishop will make a reasonable attempt to contact me as soon as possible in the event of a medical emergency involving my child.
5. This power of attorney shall lapse automatically upon completion of the activity and related travel.
6. I agree that the Archbishop or his agents may use my child's portrait or photograph for promotional purposes, website and office functions.
7. This acknowledgement and release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the State of Ohio, and if any portion hereof is declared invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. This acknowledgement and release shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, except for the choice of law provisions thereof.
I have carefully read and understand and accept the terms and conditions stated herein and acknowledge that this Permission, Release and Medical Power of Attorney shall be effective and binding upon me, my Child, and my own and my Child's personal representative or estate, assigns, heirs, and next of kin and that I have signed this agreement of my own free will.
Signature of Parent or Guardian Date / /
Home Address City Zip
Place of Employment
Work Address City Zip
Parent or Guardian Phone No. (w) (h)
Email address _________________________________________
Emergency Contact Phone No. (w) (h)
How would you prefer to be contacted: email ? text ? phone call ?
(Please complete medical information on back page)
Medical Information — Completed by Parent or Guardian — Please Print
Child's Name Birth date / /
Child's Soc. Sec. No. *
Chronic Conditions (e.g. epilepsy, diabetes)
Medical Insurance Co. Policy No.
Member's Name Phone No. (h) (w)
Member's Birth date / / Member's Soc. Sec. No. *
Family Doctor Phone No.
* Social Security Number is optional. Please note that some hospitals WILL NOT treat without it.
(See Activity Information form below)
Program: 2019-2020 Religious Education Program
Please Note: Cost for Religious Education Classes are $25.00 per one child and $50.00 for more than one child. Fees will be waived for any family that cannot afford them.
Church Agency: Holy Name of Jesus Church
Starting Date: September 4, 2019 for Grades K to 6
Starting Date: September 8, 2019 for Grades 7th & 8th
Ending Date: May 20, 2020 for Grades K to 6
Ending Date: May 17, 2020 for Grades 7th & 8th
Location: Parish Hall Classrooms
Times: (Grades K to 6) - Wednesdays 6:30 to 7:45 p.m
(Grades 7th & 8th) Sunday 9:00 to 10:15 am
Priest – Fr. Paul Gebhardt Fr. Stephen Lattner – OSB –Parochial Vicar
Religious Education Coordinator: Pamala A. Hurley
Phone number: Parish Hall Office 988-9348 (office) 513-374-0332 (cell)