Parish Religious Education 2020-2021
1. Teach students what a Catholic is to believe so they can come to know, serve and love the Lord in this life so they can be happy with him in eternal life.
2. To involve students in the life of the parish, ie worship, service and community.
3. To assist parents imparting the CATHOLIC FAITH to their children, so that it will be a living life of giving Faith.
If a child goes to public school and parents want to instruct them in the Catechism at home, please contact Religious Coordinator to you information on Online classes which will be monitored through the Religious Education office.
Parish religious education classes have begun on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 7:45. We currently have 4 openings in our preschool/kindergarten program. The program is open to 4 & 5 year old children. The curriculum for the class is filled with fun activities that engage the little ones in learning about their faith. Please contact Pam Hurley (513)374-0332 or email@example.com with questions or to register your child.
Registration Forms for 2020-2021 Below:
Print out blank forms here.
PERMISSION, RELEASE, AND AUTHORIZATION TO SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT FORM (rev. 7-9-2020)
- I, the custodial parent/legal guardian of (the "Child"), give permission for my Child to participate in the activity described on the Activity Information Form (the "Activity") and release from all liability, indemnify, and hold harmless ___Holy Name of Jesus____________________________(print name of parish and school) ("Parish and School"), the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (the "Archdiocese"), the Archbishop of Cincinnati (the "Archbishop"), both individually and as trustee for the Archdiocese, all parishes and schools within the Archdiocese, and all of their agents, representatives, volunteers, and employees from any and all liability, claims, judgments, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of any injury, illness, infectious and/or communicable disease (such as MRSA, influenza, or COVID-19), or death, (including any injury, illness, infectious and/or communicable disease, or death caused by the negligence of Parish and School, the Archbishop, the Archdiocese, any parish or school within the Archdiocese, or any of their agents, representatives, volunteers, or employees) incurred by my Child while participating in the Activity, traveling to or from the Activity, or while using the facilities and equipment of the Parish and School. I further agree not to bring or prosecute or allow to be brought or prosecuted (including, but not limited to, prosecution through subrogation) in my name, or on behalf of my Child, any claims, lawsuits, or actions against Parish and School, the Archbishop, the Archdiocese, all parishes and schools within the Archdiocese, or their agents, representatives, volunteers, and employees.
- I understand that my Child's participation in the Activity is purely voluntary and is a privilege and not a right, and that my Child, and I on behalf of my Child, agree to my Child's participation in the Activity in spite of the risks of injury, illness, infectious and/or communicable disease (such as MRSA, influenza, or COVID-19), and death. I agree that if my Child has underlying heath concerns which may place him/her at greater risk of contracting COVID-19 or that would possibly increase the severity of illness if COVID-19 is contracted, then my Child and I will consult with a health care professional before participating in the Activity.
- I agree to instruct my Child to cooperate with the agents of Parish and School and/or the Archdiocese who are in charge of the Activity.
- I authorize the agents of Parish and School and/or the Archdiocese who are acting as leaders of the Activity to seek medical treatment for my Child in the event of any injury, illness, or medical emergency during the Activity or related travel. I understand that the agents of Parish and School and/or the Archdiocese will make a reasonable attempt to contact me as soon as possible in the event of a medical emergency involving my Child.
- Please indicate. I r agree r do not agree that Parish and School and/or the Archdiocese may use my Child's portrait or photograph for promotional purposes, website, and office functions.
- Please indicate. I r agree r do not agree that Parish and School and/or the Archdiocese may use social media and technology to communicate with my Child regarding parish/school related ministry activities.
- This Permission, Release, and Authorization is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the State of Ohio, and if any portion hereof is declared invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. This Permission, Release, and Authorization shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, excluding, and irrespective of, any choice of law principles to the contrary.
- Parish and School, the Archdiocese, the Archbishop and their agents, employees, and volunteers shall have no liability whatsoever in the event the Activity is cancelled due, in whole or in part, to any present or future pandemic, epidemic, widespread disease or illness, public health concern, or circumstances arising therefrom, or from actions taken by any governmental or municipal authority to prevent, avoid, or mitigate the impacts thereof.
I have carefully read and understand and accept the terms and conditions stated herein and I acknowledge and agree that this Permission, Release, and Authorization to Seek Medical Treatment shall be effective and binding upon me, my Child, and our personal representatives, estates, assigns, heirs, and next of kin. I have signed below of my own free will.
Signature of Custodial Parent/Legal Guardian Date / /
Print Name: Home Address:___________________________________________________
Place of Employment & Address__________________________________________________________________________
Custodial Parent/Legal Guardian Phone No. (cell): ; (other Phone No.):
Emergency Contact Phone No. (cell): ; (other Phone No.):
MEDICAL INFORMATION FORM
Completed by Custodial Parent/Legal Guardian — Please Print
Child's Name Birth date / /
Allergies (e.g. food, drugs, anesthetics):____________________________________________________________________
Medications taken regularly: _____________________________________________________________________________
Medical Conditions/Impairments (e.g. epilepsy, diabetes, asthma): _______________________________________________
Family Doctor: Phone No.:
Custodial Parent/LegalGuardian Phone No. (cell): ;(other Phone No.):
Emergency Contact Phone No. (cell): ;(other Phone No.):
(See Activity Information Form below)
*Please advise which program your child will be enrolled in:
In-person classes ________ Family faith formation _________
Program: 2020-2021 Religious Education Program
Please Note: Cost for Religious Education Classes are $25.00 per one child and $50.00 for more than one child. Fees will be waived for any family that cannot afford them.
Church Agency: Holy Name of Jesus Church
Starting Date: September 16, 2020 for Grades K to 8th
Ending Date: May 19, 2021 for Grades K to 8th
Location: Parish Hall Classrooms
Times: (Grades K to 8) - Wednesdays 6:30 to 7:45 p.m
Priest – Fr. Paul Gebhardt
Religious Education Coordinator: Pamala A. Hurley
Phone number: Parish Hall Office 988-9348 (office) 513-374-0332 (cell)
*You must indicate which program your child will be enrolling in. This is necessary for ordering supplies and preparation of class material.