Parish Religious Education 2021-2022
Religious education classes will begin September 8 in the parish hall from 6:30 to 7:45. Classes are open to children kindergarten through eight grade. We have prep classes for those preparing to make their first communion and confirmation. Registration forms will be available online and in church racks in the next couple of weeks. If you are interested in volunteering to be a classroom assistance or are interested in being a catechist please contact Pam Hurley at (513)374-0332
See permission form below:
To print out form click here.
ARCHDIOCESE OF CINCINNATI
PERMISSION, RELEASE, AND AUTHORIZATION TO SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT FORM (rev. 7-9-2020)
- I, the custodial parent/legal guardian of (the "Child"), give permission for my Child to participate in the activity described on the Activity Information Form (the "Activity") and release from all liability, indemnify, and hold harmless _______________________________(print name of parish and school) ("Parish and School"), the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (the "Archdiocese"), the Archbishop of Cincinnati (the "Archbishop"), both individually and as trustee for the Archdiocese, all parishes and schools within the Archdiocese, and all of their agents, representatives, volunteers, and employees from any and all liability, claims, judgments, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of any injury, illness, infectious and/or communicable disease (such as MRSA, influenza, or COVID-19), or death, (including any injury, illness, infectious and/or communicable disease, or death caused by the negligence of Parish and School, the Archbishop, the Archdiocese, any parish or school within the Archdiocese, or any of their agents, representatives, volunteers, or employees) incurred by my Child while participating in the Activity, traveling to or from the Activity, or while using the facilities and equipment of the Parish and School. I further agree not to bring or prosecute or allow to be brought or prosecuted (including, but not limited to, prosecution through subrogation) in my name, or on behalf of my Child, any claims, lawsuits, or actions against Parish and School, the Archbishop, the Archdiocese, all parishes and schools within the Archdiocese, or their agents, representatives, volunteers, and employees.
- I understand that my Child's participation in the Activity is purely voluntary and is a privilege and not a right, and that my Child, and I on behalf of my Child, agree to my Child's participation in the Activity in spite of the risks of injury, illness, infectious and/or communicable disease (such as MRSA, influenza, or COVID-19), and death. I agree that if my Child has underlying heath concerns which may place him/her at greater risk of contracting COVID-19 or that would possibly increase the severity of illness if COVID-19 is contracted, then my Child and I will consult with a health care professional before participating in the Activity.
- I agree to instruct my Child to cooperate with the agents of Parish and School and/or the Archdiocese who are in charge of the Activity.
- I authorize the agents of Parish and School and/or the Archdiocese who are acting as leaders of the Activity to seek medical treatment for my Child in the event of any injury, illness, or medical emergency during the Activity or related travel. I understand that the agents of Parish and School and/or the Archdiocese will make a reasonable attempt to contact me as soon as possible in the event of a medical emergency involving my Child.
- Please indicate. I r agree r do not agree that Parish and School and/or the Archdiocese may use my Child's portrait or photograph for promotional purposes, website, and office functions.
- Please indicate. I r agree r do not agree that Parish and School and/or the Archdiocese may use social media and technology to communicate with my Child regarding parish/school related ministry activities.
- This Permission, Release, and Authorization is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the State of Ohio, and if any portion hereof is declared invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. This Permission, Release, and Authorization shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, excluding, and irrespective of, any choice of law principles to the contrary.
- Parish and School, the Archdiocese, the Archbishop and their agents, employees, and volunteers shall have no liability whatsoever in the event the Activity is cancelled due, in whole or in part, to any present or future pandemic, epidemic, widespread disease or illness, public health concern, or circumstances arising therefrom, or from actions taken by any governmental or municipal authority to prevent, avoid, or mitigate the impacts thereof.
I have carefully read and understand and accept the terms and conditions stated herein and I acknowledge and agree that this Permission, Release, and Authorization to Seek Medical Treatment shall be effective and binding upon me, my Child, and our personal representatives, estates, assigns, heirs, and next of kin. I have signed below of my own free will.
Signature of Custodial Parent/Legal Guardian Date / /
Print Name: Home Address:___________________________________________________
Place of Employment & Address__________________________________________________________________________
Custodial Parent/Legal Guardian Phone No. (cell): ; (other Phone No.):
Emergency Contact Phone No. (cell): ; (other Phone No.):
(Please complete medical information on back page)
MEDICAL INFORMATION FORM
Completed by Custodial Parent/Legal Guardian — Please Print
Child's Name Birth date / /
Allergies (e.g. food, drugs, anesthetics):____________________________________________________________________
Medications taken regularly: _____________________________________________________________________________
Medical Conditions/Impairments (e.g. epilepsy, diabetes, asthma): _______________________________________________
Family Doctor: Phone No.:
Custodial Parent/Legal Guardian Phone No. (cell): ;(other Phone No.):
Emergency Contact Phone No. (cell): ;(other Phone No.):
(See Activity Information Form below)
*How you prefer to be contacted:
Text ? phone call ? email? _____________________________
*Which program do you want your child to be enrolled in:
In-person classes ____ Home study upon request ____
Church agency: Holy Name of Jesus Parish
Program: 2021-2022 Religious Education Program K thru 8th grade
Please note: Cost for Religious Education Classes is $25.00 per one child and $50.00 for more than one child. Fees will be waived for any family that cannot afford to pay.
Starting Date: September 08, 2021
Ending Date: May 11, 2022
Location: Parish Hall classrooms
Times: Wednesday 6:30 to 7:45
Religious Education Coordinator: Pamala A. Hurley
Phone number: (513) 374-0332
*You must indicate how you wish to be contacted.
*Please indicate which program your child will be enrolled in. This is necessary for ordering supplies and preparation of class materials.
1. Teach students what a Catholic is to believe so they can come to know, serve and love the Lord in this life so they can be happy with him in eternal life.
2. To involve students in the life of the parish, ie worship, service and community.
3. To assist parents imparting the CATHOLIC FAITH to their children, so that it will be a living life of giving Faith.
If a child goes to public school and parents want to instruct them in the Catechism at home, please contact Religious Coordinator to you information on Online classes which will be monitored through the Religious Education office.