The Blob of Tissue Argument
Advocates of abortion often argue that what's at stake in an abortion is a blob of tissue. But real-time ultrasounds have shown us the humanity of the child in the womb.
We can now see preborn babies turning somersaults, sucking their thumbs, and sticking out their tongues--actions that would be impossible for a mere blob of tissue.
The "It's My Body" Argument
Here are some important points to consider:
- Your preborn child started the same way that you did--through the fertilization of your mother's egg by your father's sperm.
- Your preborn baby has its own set of genetic characteristics, and may even have a different blood type than you do.
- Your baby's heart is distinct from yours and beats with its own distinct rhythm.
- Your baby has organs which are separate from yours.
These facts demonstrate that a preborn child is not simply part of a woman's body, but a distinct individual who should have rights of his or her own.
- 1.1 million U.S. abortions each year.
- Nearly 1 in 4 (22%) of pregnancies end in abortion
- 50% of women now seeking abortion have had at least one previous abortion.
- The U.S. abortion rate is among the highest of developed countries.
- 51% of abortions are performed on women less than 25 years of age.
- Approximately 1/3 of American women have had an abortion by age 45.
- Abortion disproportionately affects black and Hispanic women.
If you are interested in getting involved with the Pro-Life Ministry at Holy Name of Jesus, please contact person: Sharon McDonough (937)361-5254 or email at email@example.com
Sunday Mother's Day - sell carnations after Masses
Memorial Day - March for Life with Butler Co. Right to Life Parade in Hamilton
Sunday, June Cross the Bridge for Life, Northern Ky/Greater Cinc., Right to life walk across the Purple People Bridge
July 4, parade in Hamilton with Butler Co. Right to Life
In the fall:
40 days for Life
Oct Life Chain in Hamilton
Oct. parish baby shower for Middletown Community Pregnacy Ct
Oct. Elizabeth New Life Ctr. banquet
Nov. Community Pregnacy Ctr. banquet
Dec. 14-22 - Fill the Crib for Christ to support Elizabeth New Life Ctr
Project Rachel, the Catholic Church's ministry to those who have been involved in abortion,
"I didn't think anyone would understand how I felt.
I was so relieved to be able to share my experience
with someone who understood what I was going through.
No one condemned me. They understood and helped me forgive myself."